Aims of CECA
The Committee for Education and Cultural Action aims
- To promote the development of museum education and cultural action.
- To provide an international forum for information exchange and co-operation between professionals, museums and related institutions in order to develop the field of education and cultural action, to discuss its problems and to foresee its evolution.
- To formulate and carry out a program of activities for its members.
- To encourage scientific research.
- To facilitate the dissemination of knowledge, define and uphold high professional standards.
- To contribute to the development as well as to the implementation of ICOM’s philosophy and program.
- To support ICOM’s efforts to improve the educational and cultural relationship of the museum world with the public.
- To provide advice to ICOM on issues in education and cultural action.
- To cooperate with National and International Committees as well as with ICOM’s Regional Organizations to promote or improve education and cultural action across the world.