How to join us
How to become a member of CECA?
- first, to become a member of ICOM,
- and then apply to become a voting member of CECA.
Procedure for becoming a member of ICOM:
To become a member of ICOM, you must apply to the National Committee of your country. An application form is usually downloadable from the website of each committee, or sent by its secretariat.
Directory of National Committees:
En <https://icom.museum/en/network/committees-directory/?type=136 >
If a country does not have an ICOM National Committee, the ICOM Secretariat should be contacted directly:
En <https://icom.museum/en/contact-us />
If the committee accepts and validates the application, the new member receives an ICOM card with an identification number.
The member must also pay a membership fee every year. He then receives a sticker with the indication of the current year, which he sticks on his card forvalidate it.
Information on how to become a member, on the ICOM website:
Another possibility to choose or change the International Committee: the IRIS database.
By becoming a member of ICOM, you will receive an email indicating your username, and a link allowing you to create your password.
Username and password give you access to your ICOM account. You will also be able to connect to IRIS, the database of ICOM members.
Each member can thus access their individual file to check it and update, at a minimum, your email address and your international committee.
Some members can modify several other kinds of data.
Some information can only be modified by the National Committee and the ICOM Member Service.
When inaccurate information cannot be directly edited, members are invited to contact their National Committee directly.
Consult this directory of National Committees:
It is recommended to do this check once a year, after having renewed your annual membership fee.
If you have a problem connecting with your National Committee, contact the ICOM Membership Service directly <https://icom.museum/en/contact-us/>.
How to access your individual file
First, go to the IRIS base <https://icom-museum.force.com>
- In the identification form, type your username, then your password to log in.
- To obtain a new password (or if it is forgotten), click on “Forgot your password?”. You will receive a link by email to modify the password.
- In the IRIS “My information” page, click on “Modify my information”.
- In the form, verify and update your information. Don’t forget to save the changes.
By updating your individual file (change of personal or professional contact details):
- you contribute to improving and optimising ICOM’s communication and information systems,
- you allow your national and international committees to be better informed about their activities.
Personal space / Member space
The identifiers also give access to a member space on the ICOM site, which provides access to more specific information than the public site.