Colette Dufresne Tassé Award 2022
The date for submission of applications for the CDT Award is 31 May 2022.
In 2015, CECA created the Colette Dufresne-Tassé Award for Research in Education and Cultural Action in order to stimulate research activity amongst its members, accelerate education and cultural action development, and in this way, improve what the museums offer to their publics. <Read more>.
The award is offered to the author of the best empirical research report presented at the CECA Annual International Conference who has submitted before the Conference a text written according to the characteristics described below. It consists in a contribution of up to 400 Euros for covering the winner’s accommodation costs and inscription fees, but not the travel expenses. The beneficiary’s text is also published in Museum Education and on the CECA website.
Characteristics of the submitted text
Written in English, French or Spanish, the text includes:
- Generally speaking, observations or problems that induced the investigation;
- Investigations and theories already published on the subject matter;
- Questions or hypotheses that guided the information gathering;
- Sample (or population) used, its presentation and justification (why it was chosen);
- Instruments, their description and justification;
- Ways of analysing the information obtained
- Results, their description, significance, and contribution to museum education, cultural action or museology (museum studies);
- Propositions for future investigations;
- Complete list of the books or articles cited in the text; <See APA Standards>.
- 10. From 35 000 to 70 000 signs (spaces included).
The text is submitted to a three-member reading committee (appointed by the CECA Board) that evaluates it according to the following criteria:
- Rigor of the research described;
- Its contribution to education or cultural action;
To be eligible, one should:
- Be an individual or institutional member of CECA, and have paid the inscription fee for the year one applies;
- Have carried out the investigation for one’s own institution or for a group of them including one’s own;
- Have carried out the research oneself. If colleagues or students collaborated, they are considered as co-authors and mentioned as such, but the 400 Euros and inscription fee are granted only to the CECA member who applied or to a research team member explicitly designated before the opening of the International Conference;
- The proposed piece of research should be original and not have been published elsewhere.
Note : CECA Board members could not apply.
- Sending a proposal for a research communication as indicated on the CECA International Conference website, and specifying that one is applying for the award;
- For the deadline for submission 31 May 2022, sending electronically to prixCDT[at]gmail.com a text presented according to the previous characteristics;
- One month after having been informed, sending to prixCDT[at]gmail.com a photocopy of a travel ticket (air plane, train, bus).
Note : Proposals or texts that do not comply with the preceding characteristics or that are sent too late are not considered.
Winner or not, on the condition of having had her/his communication accepted, the candidate delivers a 20 minutes oral presentation of her/his research.
List of granted awards
Rosa María Hervás Avilés; Antonia María Sánchez Lázaro; Magdalena Castejón Ibáñez. Universidad de Murcia.
El museo como espacio de desarrollo local. Una experiencia de participación ciudadana.
Ricardo Rubiales García Jurado
Más allá de tus ojos, una posibilidad para la metacognición, el diseño museográfico y el trabajo colaborativo
“Mention Honorable” 2019 for two other texts:
- One is signed by Mariel Carrubba and Leticia Orieta, the title being:: “CDT 2019 Carrubba Orieta Estadisticas de Genero-1”.
- The other is signed by María Paz Undurraga y Candela Arellano, its title being:: “Visitantes de museos chilenos: Hacia un primer diagnóstico nacional de públicos de museos”.
Research award, Prize winners 2020-2021
Victoria Osete and Carlos Egio
Research award, Prize winner and Jury 2019
Ricardo Rubiales García Jurado, prize winner Colette Dufresne-Tassé 2019
Jury : Rosa Maria Hervas Aviles, Colette Dufresne Tassé, Anne-Marie Emond.