ICOM Education is the official journal of CECA.
It was called Museums Annual for the first six editions. Most of the past editions are available to view online by clicking on the links below.
The journals are only available in the language(s) they were published in. Unfortunately, additional translations are not available.
ICOM Education 31
Call for papers ICOM Education 31 ►► <Here>
Theme : focus on Enjoyment
Why do we count “visitors” instead of “visits”. The nuance is important, since it takes into account those who come for their first visit to the museum or exhibition as well as those who come back for further visits. If they come back, one can assume that they liked at least one of their previous visits. If frequent visitors and museum-lovers keep coming back to see exhibitions, they must enjoy it in some way.
This issue of ICOM Education is dedicated to the mysteries of the visit experience in order to find out what it is that makes it such a pleasant one, let’s ask the audiences what exactly it is that makes their visit so enjoyable.
Articles are due by the 15th of January 2022.
They will be peer-reviewed before being accepted for publishing. Since the time frame is extremely tight, all submissions arriving after the submission deadline (Mid January 2022) will be automatically refused.
If you are interested in submitting an article, please contact Stéphanie Wintzerith, <swi[at]wintzerith.de>.
- ICOM Education N°. 29 : Museum Education
- ICOM Education No. 28, 2018: Cultural Action
- ICOM Education No. 27, 2016: Special Issue on Research
- ICOM Education No. 26, 2015: Special Issue on Research
- ICOM Education No. 25, 2014: Change of Perspective (New) Ideas for Presenting Museum Objects
- ICOM Education No. 24, 2013: Museum Education and the Cultural Heritage in Threatened Countries: Risks, prevention and support of population
- ICOM Education No.23, 2012: Museum Education and New Media
- ICOM Education No. 22, 2011: CECA Membership Survey
- ICOM Education No. 21, 2007: Museum Education and Adolescents
- ICOM Education No. 20, 2006: Special Issue – Museum and Education – ICOM CECA Publications 1952 to 2006
- ICOM Education No. 19, 2005: Museum Education and Partnerships
- ICOM Education No. 18, 2003/04: Museum Education and Non Visitors
- ICOM Education No. 17, 2001/02: Museum Education and New Museology
- ICOM Education No. 16, 1996/97: Museums and the Community/ Musees et Communautes/ Museos y Communidades
- ICOM Education No. 15, 1995: International Cooperation and Collaboration
- ICOM Education No. 14, 1992-1995: Museum Education Towards 2000
- ICOM Education No. 12-13, 1991: Recherche et Education dans les Musées
- ICOM Education No. 11, 1984: The Museum and the World of Work/ Museum and Community
- ICOM Education No. 10, 1982/83
- ICOM Education No. 9, 1979 – 1981
- ICOM Education No. 8, 1977/78 [view online]
- ICOM Education No. 7, 1975/76
- ICOM Museums’ Annual/ Annales des Musées No. 6, 1974
- ICOM Museums’ Annual/ Annales des Musées No. 5, 1973
- ICOM Museums’ Annual/ Annales des Musées No. 4, 1972
- ICOM Museums’ Annual/ Annales des Musées No. 3, 1971
- ICOM Annales/Annual No. 2, 1970
- ICOM Annales/Annual No. 1, 1969
There are also hard copies still available of issues 19 and 20. For information about how to obtain these, please contact:
Académie Royale des Beaux-Arts & Université Libre de Bruxelles
105 Avenue Latérale
B- 1180 Bruxelles