What are special interests groups?
CECA is setting up “Special Interest Groups”.
The purpose of this initiative is multiple:
- Encourage joint reflection among our members throughout the year and not only at the annual conference
- Increase the interactivity of our annual meetings by including discussion groups based on the group’s work and exchanges during the year
- Possibly allow members who could not attend the annual conferences to participate remotely in a focus group on a topic of interest to them.
- Identify specific skills around certain topics in order to enrich our training offer during regional workshops
The Special Interest Groups in operation are:
- Professional development of museum educators – Coordinator : Wencke Maderbacher (wencke.maderbacher[at]yahoo.de).
- Surveying audience reception of educational and cultural programme – Coordinators : Anne Jonchery (anne.jonchery[at]culture.gouv.fr), Marie pierre Bera Delaporte (marie-pierre.delaporte[at]mahj.org), Katy Tari (ktari[at]pacmusee.qc.ca).
- Learning and engaging digitally – Coordinators: Areti Damala, (areti.damala[at]gmail.com), Angela Manders (angela.manders[at]xs4all.nl) .
- Inclusive museum, global accessibility – Coordinators: Raffaella Russo Ricci <r.russo.ricci[at]orange.fr>, Paolo Cuica <paulocuica[at]gmail.com> & <paulocuica[at]egeac.pt>.
- Museum Education and Decolonization – CECA LAC – Coordinators: Silvana Lovay <sillovay[at]gmail.com>, Fernanda Venegas <fernandavenegas.a[at]gmail.com>, Paola Araiza <ab_paola[at]yahoo.com.mx>.
- Sensitive mediation – Coordinator: Anne Sophie Grassin <asgrassin[at]gmail.com>
If you are interested in participating in the discussions around one of the themes, please contact the coordinator of that theme. It will integrate you in a first online working group.
Opportunities for exchange with the rest of the CECA members will then be offered according to technical arrangements and a timetable specific to each group, but allowing participation in the work of several groups if so desired.