ICOM-CECA YOUNG MEMBERS GRANT 2021
Are you a young member who would like to connect with an international group of museum educators at CECA’s Annual Conference in Leuven, Belgium? Then this grant is for you! This year four grants will be awarded to young CECA members. The grant will cover economy class airfare, accommodation and conference fees to a maximum of 1200 €.
- Be a CECA member in an individual or institutional capacity and have paid the ICOM membership fee for 2021
- Be 35 years old or younger at the time of the Annual Conference in Leuven, Belgium(October 25 – 29, 2021)
- Attend both the two-day long virtual conference online and the two-day live conference in Belgium. See the CECA website for more details about this year’s annual conference: https://ceca.mini.icom.museum/general-conference-leuven-2021/
- Present a poster, in person, during the live conference poster session in Leuven, Belgium
Note: Members of the CECA Board are not eligible for the CECA Young Members Grant.
- Write a 200-word proposal for a poster that you would like to present in Leuven, Belgium. This proposal should present an innovative idea from your own work that you would like to share with other museum educators.
- Attach a CV that includes your name, date of birth, institutional affiliation (if any), and all contact details.
- Attach a photograph of your ICOM membership card that clearly shows your membership number.
- Email the poster proposal, CV, and photograph of your ICOM membership card to the CECA Young Members Grant Committee no later than May 31, 2021, at CECAyoungmembersgrant[at]gmail.com
Note: Proposals that do not follow the described procedure or that are submitted late will not be considered.
We have four winners for the 2021 Young Members’ Travel Grant.
Three of the four plan to attend the CECA Conference in person this October in Belgium. One person has opted to defer their grant until 2022 because of concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Those attending the conference will present posters on Thursday, October 29th. The topic is an innovative idea from their own museum work.
– Juan Pablo Campistrous, Spain
– Nidia Aliseda Garcia, Spain
– Catalina Hoyos, Colombia
– Tatiana Quevedo, Colombia
Tatiana Quevedo, Catalina Hoyos, Juan Pablo Campistrous