What are special interests groups?
CECA is setting up « Special interest groups”.
The purpose of this initiative is multiple:
- Encourage joint reflection among our members throughout the year and not only at the annual conference
- Increase the interactivity of our annual meetings by including discussion groups based on the group’s work and exchanges during the year
- Possibly allow members who could not attend the annual conferences to participate remotely in a focus group on a topic of interest to them.
- Identify specific skills around certain topics in order to enrich our training offer during regional workshops
6 themes are presently ready to be launched :
- Cultural tourism – Coordinator : Frederike van Ouwerkerk (ouwerkerk.f[at]nhtv.nl or Ouwerkerk.F[at]buas.nl)
- Professional development of museum educators – Coordinator : Wencke Maderbacher (wencke.maderbacher[at]yahoo.de)
- Surveying audience reception of educational and cultural programme – Coordinators : Anne Jonchery (anne.jonchery[at]culture.gouv.fr), Marie pierre Bera Delaporte (marie-pierre.delaporte[at]mahj.org)
- New technologies applied to museums – Coordinator : Areti Damala, (areti.damala[at]gmail.com)
- Inclusive museum, global accessibility – Coordinators: Raffaella Russo Ricci (r.russo.ricci[at]orange.fr)
Paolo Cuiça (paulocuica[at]egeac.pt)
- Discussing difficult issues, serving complex communities – Coordinator: Duckworth Adam (Adam.Duckworth[at]liverpoolmuseums.org.uk)
We can imagine multiple other themes:
- On types of audiences (communities, disabled, museotherapy, etc.)
- On mediation tools (workshops, oral mediation, etc.)
- On professional themes (conservation/education collaboration, educational dimension of exhibitions, etc.)
If you are interrested in joining one of the existing groups, contact the coordinator
If you are interrested in creating a new Special Interest Group, contact Marie-Clarté O’Neill (oneillmarieclarte[at]gmail.com)
From the Leuven 2020 conference onwards, there will be time for exchanges and discussions on the various themes.