ICOM Young Member Travel Grant 2020
ICOM International Committee for Education and Cultural Action (CECA) is looking for two candidates-CECA members to present the candidacy for the ICOM Travel Grant for young members to attend the ICOM General Conference.
Each ICOM International Committee is invited to submit to the ICOM Secretariat the application of one candidate-ICOM young member and one optional replacement candidate suitable for CECA .
The grant will cover economy class air-fare, accommodation and conference fee.
Eligible candidates are those who:
- hold valid ICOM/CECA membership (fees paid)
- are 40 years old or younger at the time of the Meeting
- are able to attend the Meeting
- a short CV (up to two pages) including your name, date of birth, institutional affiliation (if any), ICOM membership number, contact details etc.,
- a motivation letter about why do you what to attend ICOM General conference.
Priority will be given to candidates who:
- present a paper in CECA Meetings for the first time
- attend an ICOM Triennial Conference for the first time
- have not previously received an ICOM Grant
- come from a developing country
To apply: Please send to icom ceca
- copy of ICOM membership card & number
- contact details and affiliation
- a CV
- a 200-word abstract of your presentation including title
- a 200-word statement of motivation explaining why you should receive the Grant
- a letter of recommendation/endorsement by your National Committee (desirable but not essential).
CECA Board will shortlist one candidate and one follow up candidate and pass them on to the ICOM Secretariat who will make the final decision. Successful applicants are expected to be notified.